Zimmermania

Monday, September 10, 2007

Can't have too many February sweaters...



Sweater from "Some Babies' Things", February, Knitter's Almanac
Dream in Color Smooshy Sock yarn, much less than one skein
US #4 needles

Modifications: I cast on 7 more sts to compensate for the finer gauge, and worked a raglan yoke in stockinet so I could be lazy about math. The sweater ought to fit a 3-6 month-old baby, I think, so it should be perfect for the small recipient, who is four weeks old now.

I loved the yarn, and I certainly have enough left for the matching hat and booties. I'm looking forward to snagging some of their worsted weight for a toddler version.

9 Comments:

  • Gorgeous! Some baby is going to be very lucky.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 7:06 PM  

  • That's a fabulous color. (I so think babies deserve fabulous colors!) How many yards/meters in that skein of sock yarn? I'm considering knitting a February sweater of Colinette jitterbug...

    By Blogger amy, at 7:55 PM  

  • Yes the color is just wonderful! Love the flower touch!

    By Blogger Virtuous, at 8:02 PM  

  • I've lost the ballband, Amy, but I believe it was about 450 yards in that skein. Considering how much I had left over, I should think you'd get a sweater out of a skein of Jitterbug.

    By Blogger Sarah / Blue Garter, at 5:19 PM  

  • That's just beautiful, I like the way the raglan stst tob looks with the lace pattern, very classy.

    By Blogger Ceels, at 9:34 PM  

  • Thanks, Sarah!

    By Blogger amy, at 2:15 PM  

  • Can you just tell me how much yarn is in a skein, by weight. Here in the UK we almost always buy by weight.

    Just knitting my first BSJ - messed up a bit with the decreases, but the baby won't tell anyone......

    By Blogger Brit knit chick, at 10:18 AM  

  • it is great sarah. lovely hula version of the baby sweater.

    By Blogger knititch, at 1:00 PM  

  • I wanted to know how you plan to accomplish the hat... if you have time to explain, in the book the directions are vague at best.

    By Blogger Melissa, at 2:59 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home